This journal utilizes the LOCKSS and CLOCKSS systems to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
LOCKSS: Open Journal Systems supports the LOCKSS (Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe) system to ensure a secure and permanent archive for the journal. LOCKSS is open source software developed at Stanford University Library that enables libraries to preserve selected web journals by regularly polling registered journal websites for newly published content and archiving it. Each archive is continually validated against other library caches, and if the content is found to be corrupted or lost, the other caches or the journal is used to restore it.
2. Open Access Policies
KJAR applies the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license to works we publish. This license was developed to facilitate open access – namely, free immediate access to, and unrestricted reuse of, original works of all types.
Under this license, authors agree to make articles legally available for reuse, without permission or fees, for virtually any purpose. Anyone may copy, distribute, or reuse these articles, as long as the author and original source are properly cited.
All articles published by KJAR are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers.
3. Appeals and complaints
If you wish to appeal a rejection or make a complaint you should, in the first instance, contact the Editor with detailed reasons of the rejection to re-study your case.
4. Blind Peer-review Policy
Peer-review is the system used to assess the quality of a manuscript before it is published. Independent researchers in the relevant research area assess submitted manuscripts for originality, validity and significance to help editors determine whether the manuscript should be published in their journal.
KJAR operates a Double-blind peer-review system, where the reviewers are not aware of the names and affiliations of the authors, the reviewer reports provided to authors are anonymous as well.
The editor and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
6. Fees and refund
KJAR does not have subscription charges for its research content it can defray publishing costs from the Article Processing Charges. This is because KJAR believes that the interests of the scientific community can best be served by an immediate, worldwide, unlimited, open access to the full text of research articles.
The Article Processing Charge for publication in this journal is 250 000 Iraqi Dinars. based on the MoHE KRG decree. Our fees cover the costs of peer review, copyediting, publication, different format of publication (HTML, PDF), inclusion in many Open Access databases.
If the author decided to withdraw his paper after publishing, there is no refund for article processing charges.
7. Copyright and Permissions
The author must accept the following rules for copyright and permissions
- The article submitted is an original work and has neither been published in any other peer-reviewed journal nor is under consideration for publication by any other journal. In addition to it, the article does not contravene any existing copyright or any other third party rights.
- The transfer of copyright gives Kurdistan Journal of Applied Research the right (including without limitation, the right to publish the work in whole or in part in any and all forms of media, now or hereafter) develop, promote, distribute, and archive a body of scientific works throughout the world.
- The Author acknowledges that Kurdistan Journal of Applied Research will have the right to print, publish, and create derivative works throughout the world.
- If any plagiarism found in the camera-ready article after Publication, I am the solely responsible not Kurdistan Journal of Applied Research or Kurdistan Journal of Applied Research Board members., and KJAR has the right to revoke the paper.
- The article, the final version of which I enclose, is not substantially the same as any that I/we have already published elsewhere
- If any dispute arises, a final decision is taken by Kurdistan Journal of Applied Research Editorial Board.
- Once the copyright is signed, it is impossible to revoke the article from the journal neither refund the cost of publishing